Commissions & Committees
Notice of Unscheduled Vacancy
The City of Brea is currently accepting applications for the following unscheduled vacancy:
Traffic Committee, one seat
The Traffic Committee addresses neighborhood, citywide and regional traffic and circulation issues. The deadline for submitting an application for the Traffic Committee unscheduled vacancy is Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. For information, please call (714) 990-7757.
General Criteria for a Representative to this Council-Appointed Committee
- Be a resident of Brea
- An enthusiastic commitment to the betterment of the community
- Oriented toward service to people and sensitive to their needs
- Some knowledge and background in the areas of interest is advantageous, but not mandatory
- Understanding of the relationship with the City Council and the role of being an extension of the council
- Complete and return the application to the City Clerk by the deadline
Volunteer Opportunities for Other Council-Appointed Committees
The City of Brea depends upon citizen participation and service. Citizen volunteers play a vital role in the conduct of governmental affairs and provide an important element in achieving the goals of the city. The left-hand column lists Brea's commissions and committees. Please make a selection to learn more.
Each of these citizen groups plays an important role in the Brea community by making observations and bringing ongoing feedback to the council members. Various commissions or committees will have different areas of expertise. At regular monthly meetings, they work with staff members and may be asked to review proposed new projects or to comment on activities already underway around town. While there is no compensation for participation on commissions and committees, the service given is meaningful to all Brea residents.
View an application form.
View a listing of current local appointments with their service terms.